UPDATE: How to get You & Your Kids through Holiday Security Fast
- Prepare, prepare, prepare. Separate these items from the liquids, gels, and aerosols in your quart-size and zip-top bag.
- Declare you have the items to one of our Security Officers at the security checkpoint. Carrying breast milk, or formula? Click here for my report on what’s allowed and how to get through security fast.
- Present your liquids and medicine for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening. Don’t be cute and try to ‘see if security will spot it.’ You’ll only waste your own time.
- Take your shoes off as you can- better yet, wear easy to remove shoes and comfortable clothing with few metal parts.
- Any items that are questionable, even to you? Just check them with your big bags to get through- or risk having items confiscated.
- Consider taking an envelope with postage just in case someone forgets they have something (like small scissors) and you don’t want to have them thrown away. You can always mail them from the airport home.